Here's the story from A to Z
So we got lucky. We found an apartment in a nice place for a GREAT price. We graduated, got married, went on a fantastic honeymoon to the Bahamas, had our last reception, and moved into our new big city life in a hurry. A day later, Dustin started grad school. Whoo! We got everything unpacked, and I started applying for jobs. Hip Hip Hurray! I found one after what seemed like forever, but in reality was only about a month, and guess where it was...Dustin's school! Yep, I am now gainfully employed as the Spanish-go-to-girl at our lovely optometry school. I know it sounds thrilling, and it is. I get off most of the same days that he has off and I get cheap insurance. (I'm way excited about that with Duncan and Angus coming in a few months...or was it Emily Ann and Emma Leanne coming in a few months...just kidding by the way...we are NOT expecting)
Fast forward a couple months to Thanksgiving, we visited the Briscoe's. By visited I mean we showed up a day early and almost gave Dustin's mom a heart attack. It was wonderful. We saw the Harry Potter movie, had a great time visiting, enjoyed a masterfully cooked dinner, and watched Chloee and the Bishop run a great race the day after Thanksgiving. Talk about guts, running the day after feast day.
More work and school commenced until Christmas break when my family showed up on our doorstep with luggage, travel food, and oh yeah, a new puppy. That was exciting. The dog didn't like being confined to the linoleum, but she sure loved wrestling with us on my parent's bed (which was not on the linoleum...long story). It was a great Christmas.
Shortly after, we had another visit from Mama and Papa Briscoe bringing down our LOVELY new bed, coffee table, and chair (the one Dustin adores even though it is old and ratty and came from a garage sale when he was, oh, 5...ok maybe middle or high school not sure).
Then the new year began with snow, snow, more snow, more school closures because we might get snow, and rain. However, with all the snow days, we were able to take that time to get a pre-approval for a mortgage. That's right, we are officially house hunting! You KNOW what that means...PUPPY HUNTING. I know, I know, whoa girl...slow it down. One step at a time. Ok, puppy hoping.
Valentine's Day was awesome. We got each other the last two available Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites books--(by the way) Chris Heimerdinger really needs to finish that series, it has been going on and on for WAY to long. However, we were excited to continue our ancient civilization journey, accompanied by a romantic buffet dinner. Don't laugh, it is our new, cheaper, romantic V-day tradition. Dustin proposed to me right after dinner at a fancy Las Vegas buffet, so in honor of our engagement on Feb. 12, we went to the best buffet Memphis had to offer...a Chinese buffet! The nearest Golden Corral was in Little Rock, Arkansas, and when I asked the natives they said,"There are tons of buffets in Memphis...Shoney's offers a different mini-buffet everyday...uh...go to (insert weird city name that is a hour away here)...they have buffets."
Now, we are beginning march and it is glorious. The sun is out more and the grass is turning green and the fruit trees are budding. It's great. And that concludes my speedy readers digest update.

Yay, I'm the first follower and commenter :). House hunting already? How exciting! I added your blog to my family's blog list...hope you don't mind?
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to keep up more with the Briscoes!
WOOT!!! I was getting excited when I thought you were really expecting, and TWINS. Way to crush my dreams, Sparkle. Way to crush my dreams :P J/K. I can't believe you're house hunting already. It took us 2 years of marriage to buy a house (and it was right before our 2nd baby came, too)
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU!!! and you better keep this blog current. I want to be able to know what's going on with you and stalk you! :P (just kidding about the stalking)