Spring Fever
We had our spring break a couple weeks ago. Dustin got the whole week off, while I got Thursday and Friday off. So, we decided to road trip it up to Kansas to visit la familia up there. Dustin has never met the extended family, and my Gram Gram's dementia is starting to get pretty bad. So, Thursday we packed up the car, fed our little fishy a bit extra, and hit the road. We got to Missouri that afternoon and visited with my Aunt and Uncle. We tried to go out to dinner with my g-ma, but she was hosting the entire world at her house and couldn't leave them to go out to dinner (trapped in her memories at the moment). So, we went out since we couldn't convince her, and we brought her some ice cream afterwards. We sat around chatting for a couple hours about everything including creepy midgets that sneak into houses and pat down beds. As we were leaving, she gave me a big hug, and when Dustin went to give her a big hug she started kissing him over and over again...needless to say it was hilarious.
The next day we headed over to good ol' Independence for some tours. The church one was basically the first discussion. The RLDS tour was an art tour of the art in their temple. The other one...I think they call themselves the Church of Christ, but they didn't even come out to see us or give us a tour. Oh well! We still got to see the temple ground. The coolest part was Liberty Jail. We had a great sister give us a tour, and we happened to be the only one's there on that cold, stormy day. So you should have seen all the missionaries attack us when we walked in the door. Ha!
Then we headed over to Warrensburg, MO. That's where I lived my third grade year. We ate at the ghetto BBQ place that my family LOVES! (Dustin was not so big of a fan...)
We split a sandwich and were still stuffed out of our minds. Now he only needs to try Salina's Cozy burgers. Now that is a family favorite.
After our quick visit in Warrensburg it was off to my uncle's where we spent the evening with my uncle and cousin James. It was so good to see them, and I wish I had remembered to take a picture, but I'm still working on the whole taking pictures thing. But we got see the house my cousin is building. It will be so awesome. I like that it has a spiral staircase in the middle of the house.
Anyway, that was our awesome spring break. It was so good to see my grandma. I miss her so much!
The next day we headed over to good ol' Independence for some tours. The church one was basically the first discussion. The RLDS tour was an art tour of the art in their temple. The other one...I think they call themselves the Church of Christ, but they didn't even come out to see us or give us a tour. Oh well! We still got to see the temple ground. The coolest part was Liberty Jail. We had a great sister give us a tour, and we happened to be the only one's there on that cold, stormy day. So you should have seen all the missionaries attack us when we walked in the door. Ha!
Then we headed over to Warrensburg, MO. That's where I lived my third grade year. We ate at the ghetto BBQ place that my family LOVES! (Dustin was not so big of a fan...)
We split a sandwich and were still stuffed out of our minds. Now he only needs to try Salina's Cozy burgers. Now that is a family favorite.
After our quick visit in Warrensburg it was off to my uncle's where we spent the evening with my uncle and cousin James. It was so good to see them, and I wish I had remembered to take a picture, but I'm still working on the whole taking pictures thing. But we got see the house my cousin is building. It will be so awesome. I like that it has a spiral staircase in the middle of the house.
Anyway, that was our awesome spring break. It was so good to see my grandma. I miss her so much!

Comments
Post a Comment