Summer Fun

So last Friday the weather was BEAUTIFUL. It was warm and sunny and there was a light breeze in the air. Spring fever was kicking in, and Dustin had the afternoon free. The little tempter. Needless to say, after lunch I talked to my boss and used my paid time off to take off the afternoon.  WHAT!?  Yes, I played hookie...with permission. 


So, what did we do with our free Friday afternoon?  We bought cheap-o bikes!  Yes, we finally did it.  We went to Wal-Mart, and we picked out a couple of bicycles.  We hopped on those little bikes of ours and we headed over here:




This is Shelby farms.  It is a huge park on one side and a huge farm on the other.  There are tons of trails and dogs and people.  It's like the central park of Memphis.  Anyway, I had just finished running over my lunch break, so by the time we finished riding bikes, I was DONE FOR.  My legs were saying,  "Girl, you in no shape to be doin' daht ta me"...that is southern ghetto for "Holy cow,  I am out of shape." 


It was so much fun.  It was one of those afternoons that time just slips away and everything seems to stand still and if we were on a TV show the screen shot would look all hazy to make it look like it had a heavenly glow/dreamy feel. Yeah, it was that awesome.  That is why Spring is my favorite season.  Every spring day seems just perfect.


Then we came home and made our chicken parmesan and ended the evening with a movie.  It was a fun-filled, completely worthwhile hookie day.  



Comments

  1. Your day off sounds divine! Um, and it is snowing in Provo - no sunny bike rides here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts