Bonne Terre

So, Dustin and I decided to get out of town for a night to escape, and we drove to the nice resort town of Nesbit, Mississippi.  It was about 30 minutes from work, but they had this really nice bed and breakfast called Bonne Terre.




After checking in and checking out all the rooms and lakes and facilities, we went out to dinner (in honor of the brother-in-law) at Guadalajara.  Anyway, the food was, well, lets just say we ended up throwing most of it away in the end.  Funny thing though...it literally shared the building with an urgent care.  Ha!  Made sense after eating there.  ;)

Here is the proof...the restaurant did have a nice atmosphere though.

Unfortunately I forgot to take my own picture of the Velvet cream (where we went for ice cream afterwards).  One of Dustin's classmate and his wife told us about this place.  They have about a billion ice cream flavors--including cayenne chocolate-- and they said they would fry just about anything.  Anyway, here are some pics I found online:



Dustin got a chocolate raspberry shake and I got the elmer fud (chocolate, caramel, coconut, peanut butter goodness!)


Dustin basking in the relaxation right before check out. This would be such a perfect picture if he were dressed in a victorian suit...

It was SO relaxing there.  I didn't want to leave.  A week there would have been fantastic.

The place was way back in the woods with multiple lakes.  There were birds everywhere, and they had ducks.  Everything was quiet.  They had a beautifully simple little church building and a rustic reception hall they rent out, but hardly anyone was there that day.  It was wonderful!  AND they gave us hot coco for breakfast since we don't drink coffee.  

Comments

Popular Posts