Ashley's Wedding
So, one of my dearest friends got married a week ago. Ashley and I served together in New York, and we've been great friends ever since. She helps me loosen up, and I help bring her back down to earth a little more.
I remember always having late night conversations with Ashley. We would talk about life, love, humanity, and anything else we could think of. When one of us was irrationally emotional, we always had each other to turn to. We would talk through anything and come out with a clear perspective. Ashley would always say, "It all comes out in the wash." It was a famous Ashley-ism.
So naturally when she announced her engagement to the man of her dreams, I was so excited for her. And in meeting this mysterious man of her dreams, it was instantly clear that they were meant to find each other and be together. Derek is so perfect for her. The moment you see them together you can tell that they truly do complete each other, and their wedding was a beautiful celebration of that union.
I was grateful that I got to spend that last night with Ashley and a few of her close friends, and the next morning we got to get ready together. She was radiant of course!
I wish I had a picture of their wedding, but naturally I didn't have my camera. Here is one I, um, borrowed from the masterful Anna.
I remember always having late night conversations with Ashley. We would talk about life, love, humanity, and anything else we could think of. When one of us was irrationally emotional, we always had each other to turn to. We would talk through anything and come out with a clear perspective. Ashley would always say, "It all comes out in the wash." It was a famous Ashley-ism.
So naturally when she announced her engagement to the man of her dreams, I was so excited for her. And in meeting this mysterious man of her dreams, it was instantly clear that they were meant to find each other and be together. Derek is so perfect for her. The moment you see them together you can tell that they truly do complete each other, and their wedding was a beautiful celebration of that union.
I was grateful that I got to spend that last night with Ashley and a few of her close friends, and the next morning we got to get ready together. She was radiant of course!
I wish I had a picture of their wedding, but naturally I didn't have my camera. Here is one I, um, borrowed from the masterful Anna.


Love this girl so much.'...i hope I get to meet him someday! So great that you got to be there for her!
ReplyDelete