One Down, Eternity to Go

So we celebrated our first anniversary!  It started out with Dustin feeling a little woozy the day we were going to the Goo Goo Dolls concert.  Around the middle of the concert a huge storm hit and the show ended abruptly.  We got drenched, but we stayed around like faithful groupies until the very end.  Nothing came of it though, they never came back on stage.

The next day Dustin felt awful, and of course it was Saturday so no doctors were available.  We ended up going to a minor medical clinic in Walgreens where we discovered Dustin had strep throat! Talk about an anniversary surprise.  Ha!  So I got to nurse my hubby back to health over the weekend, but of course he was contagious for the forty-eight hours surrounding our anniversary.  No smooching for us!

The next weekend we decided to celebrate by going to Outback Steak House, which we love.  It was the most delicious meal!



However when pregnancy took over that night, it was not so delicious coming back up.  I still can't eat mashed potatoes.

All in all, even though all these crazy things happened, I loved our anniversary.  Mainly because it'll make a great story for years to come, but more seriously because it wasn't perfect.  We got to be there for each other. I got to be there for him while he was down and out with strep, and he got to be there for me while I was, well frankly, down and over the toilet.  Now if that isn't true love, I don't know what is!

I am so grateful for our marriage, and I am so grateful to know that through the restoration of God's holy priesthood on the earth, we can be a family forever.  That's what it is all about.  Working together to bring our family safely home to our Heavenly Father.  Happy Anniversary Love!

Comments

  1. So sweet! Canon nursed me back to health when we first started dating..... He even held my hair while I threw up, that's when I knew he was the one ;) love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts