PREGO: more than just spaghetti sauce

So, I am a hormonal mess.  We'll just throw it out there right now.  I got a phone call at work the other day, and even though I don't remember what she said, it doesn't matter because it got me started.

At first it was just a few sniffles.  No big deal.  Nothing that a "pull yourself together Becky" wouldn't cure.  Boy was I wrong.  Before I knew it the water works started FLOWING.  I rushed myself to the restroom to try to get myself under control over WHO KNOWS what.

So here I am blubbering in the bathroom for absolutely no reason, tissue in hand, and a student walks in.  She is immediately uncomfortable, and who can blame her...walking into the bathroom to find a blubbering employee, not knowing what to do.  So, embarrassed beyond measure I start trying to explain myself, and it comes out as an exclamation "I'm pregnant!" What?  Really?  That was graceful.  So, I try to remedy my blurting by adding,"It's really nothing, I'm just a hormonal mess right now, and the most random, tiny things get me going."  Ok, that was SO much better.

So, this poor student, who just wanted to use the bathroom and is now faced with a blubbering pregnant lady has no idea what to say.  So, she just says," Congratulations!  Oh, I mean on the being pregnant thing."  AND we go about our business pretending like nothing ever happened.  YIKES!!

In other news, I've started getting comments on how large or small my belly looks, and I even had the first random person come up and start rubbing my belly.

I'm pretty sure I've started feeling the baby move. I notice it mostly as I'm going to bed or sitting still at work.


Comments

  1. So exciting! you're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I totally understand that....i'm such a hormonal mess when I'm pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for belly pictures! I was just wondering the other day if you were ever going to post them :). You look fabulous and you deserve to be a hormonal mess-you're making a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, I can totally relate. Milk those pregnancy induced overactive tear ducts while you can. I still try to pull the old "I just had a baby" line every time I cry during a cheesy movie or something, but we all know that's not true anymore...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts