Thank Heavens for Thanksgiving!

So, I figure it is about time to catch up on the blog posts.  I'm stuck at work with nothing to do, and as a last resort before insanity, I figure I might as well record my personal history for my posterity's sake.  Aren't I nice?

Anyway, back to Thanksgiving.  I was so excited for the holiday season coming up, with the chance that it gave us to see my family as well as Dustin's.  I love being with them, and it is always a breath of fresh air that gets me ready for getting back to the daily grind. 

While we were visiting my family, we were able to go to the temple.  The temple may look off white, but it is really pink...don't be fooled by the picture. ;) It is a true southwestern salmon pink.  It is always so nice to be in such a sacred place with my family.

This is a picture of my beautiful Mother.  She always makes me feel so loved!

Ok...I did not eat ALL of that skin...just to clarify.  I may be pregnant and I admit that I do like to eat turkey skin, but that is A LOT of skin. My dad and I like to fight over the skin. :)
We had so much food, which I guess is to be expected.  Luckily I was able to get that whole week off to spend with my family, but that meant that we would be leaving the day after thanksgiving to drive back home.  So, we decided to celebrate Thanksgiving the day before, so that we could enjoy leftovers! Because lets be honest, what is Thanksgiving without leftovers. We ate SOOOO much food, and my generous parents sent us home with a bunch of the leftovers too.  We had REAl turkey sandwiches for a week!

On the way back home, we decided to take it in two days because we wanted to stop in and see our good friends the Rexes. Good thing we were stopping because about a mile from our exit, the car in front of us swerved into the other lane revealing...just a little too late a large, mangled, metal ladder in the road.  Needless to say, we could not swerve out of the way and proceeded to run right over the top of it.  We pulled off to the side of the road as quickly as we could.  I was sure it had popped at least two tires, and I didn't even want to think about the damage under the car from it getting stuck.  I didn't get very good pictures of it...sorry.  But it was stuck right under the engine and stretched diagonally under the car.





So, we used our jack to raise the car and tried to yank it out, but we couldn't get it to budge. Luckily a police man stopped by with hard core working gloves and was able to loosen it and pry it out.  So we got to the Rex's house, and hung out and talked.  It was great.  The next morning we took the car to a Sears automotive center.  That was pretty much the only one open on Saturday.  Amazingly enough, NOTHING was wrong with the car...except that it was now out of alignment, but we could handle that. Anyway, it was a huge tender mercy for us.  We had a great trip and just wish we could have spent more time with the Rex family! Next time...next time.

Comments

Popular Posts