Today I am Grateful for Apples

Look at this juicy goodness.  Today I am so grateful for apples.  I picked up this succulent sample of Heavenly Father's greatest creations, and it smelled so good.  It took me back to my childhood memories of Dixon's Apple Orchard in good ol' New Mexico.

The smell also brought back memories of cold New York fall days.  They had this lovely little market near the convent (the church bought an old convent and turned it into missionary housing, but we always called it the convent) where we would go talk to people. They sold all kinds of apples.  I had no idea there were so many kinds of apples.  I remember Ashley telling me her favorites.  My family always ate Gala, but I sure loved her Pink Lady apples.  I remember that on really cold days just across from the temple in Manhattan, they had a vendor that would sell apple and pear cider.  I loved how it would warm my fingers.  Man, the smell of apples and cider is just so crisp and fresh. I can't get enough.  Yum...Thank goodness for good fruit and good memories!

Comments

  1. Pink Ladies & Jonagolds are my favorite if they're really crisp...otherwise they just aren't the same :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts