Emma--things I love at one month
I can't believe that she is already a month old! The crazier thing, however, is that she wasn't even due until tomorrow. I can't imagine still being pregnant right now. This was me a few days before Emma came, and I was already HUGE and SWOLLEN.
After a month of having our little bundle of joy, I've been doing some thinking about all of the things I want to remember about her at this age there are a few little quirks that I just love.
1. Every time she wakes up, (with her eyes still closed) she leans her head back, stretches her entire body out, and makes this face:
2. I love that when she is crying, she'll usually calm down when we put her on our chests and cuddle. If that doesn't work, then she'll usually calm down when I let her be sprawled out across my lap with her hands and feet flailing everywhere. :)
Oh, and speaking of being sprawled, she LOVES to sleep with her hands and feet EVERYWHERE. She gets upset when her hands are swaddled, but then when they're free she'll get upset because she hits herself in the face with them and can't figure out what's going on.
3. I love that when I feed her, she will stare at me until she starts falling asleep. I love to see her innocent little eyes examining me, learning who I am, feeling my love for her. She is so helpless and trusting, and when she looks up at me, it melts my heart.
4. I love the little knot on her ear. One of my young women pointed out at choir last night that she has Dustin's ears, so we looked closer. Sure enough, she has a little knot on her ear just like Dustin. I've always loved his knot, too. :)
5. I love that she is so chill. She really just goes with the flow of things. Pretty much anything we give her or do to her, she'll just roll with the punches. She doesn't like her diaper changed or changing clothes or baths, but as soon as we're done with the parts that she hates, she calms right back down and just stares around. She is starting to fuss a bit more now that she is awake more, but for the most part, she only really cries when she is hungry, which happens to be every three hours like clockwork.
It's been an adjustment to being at home all day with her, but I am so grateful for her. I'm also so grateful that we are in a position to have me stay home with her. She is so precious to us. Dustin is so good with her, and he is always helping with feeding her and getting up at night with her. I feel incredibly blessed that he is so willing to be involved. I know that things will get crazier as she gets older, but I know that her life and our lives will be built on a foundation of the gospel and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that we are an eternal family, and I know that that knowledge will get us through anything that the future has in store for us. I'm so excited about this new challenge, and I know Heavenly Father will bless us as we try to be the best parents we can for His precious Emma. Here is to one month!






She is adorable! With each new stage, you will love more and more things about her!! Enjoy it! :)
ReplyDeleteDarlin', She is really starting to grow. She definitely is the most beautiful granddaughter I have. You, Dustin and Emma are going to have an interesting life together.
ReplyDelete