The Visit Before the blessing
Warning: LOTS of pictures
It was really good to be able to see my parents again. I had really been missing them. My mom and I got in some good mother daughter bonding time.
Then, on the 4th of July, the Briscoes got in just in time for dinner and the fireworks show! Unfortunately it was really hot and everyone was really tired, but it was wonderful being able to spend time with family and celebrate our nations independence...not to mention the fireworks. I do love fireworks.
Emma was excited to have so many people in town, and it was her first time meeting Uncle Cody and Aunt Chloee. Cody had only been home from his mission for about a week before everyone came out for the blessing. Holy cow did Emma love them! Poor Chloee though always seemed to get her last when she was tired, overstimulated, and getting cranky. Cody was really good at getting her to giggle. It was the cutest thing. I don't have a picture with Emma and Chloee, but I do have one with Cody.
![]() |
| Too bad Cody doesn't have his Mexican stash in this picture ;) Also, this is the adorable dress Aunt Aubree found and gave us |
A few days later Andy and Marcy got into town and the group was complete. Marcy was so great with Emma, and you can tell she is going to be a wonderful, loving mother.
On Saturday, the Briscoes all went to the zoo. We wanted to see the otters and the camels.
| the tigers put on quite the show for us...roaring and fighting |
| the red panda hiding in the tree |
![]() |
| we couldn't believe how close they were. it was pretty neat. |
| right before the camel rides! |
It was an exceptionally hot day, so Emma couldn't go. However, it was so much fun, and going in the morning allowed us to see a lot of the animals at their finest. We found most of them, and they were all quite active. Especially the otters as they were released to feed. Unfortunately, I missed the best part for recording-- when they all came running out.
More on the weekend coming soon (the big blessing day).







Comments
Post a Comment