Idaho Trip Part 3

These pictures were actually from right after we arrived in Idaho, but I forgot to post them.  I loved seeing Dustin's grandpa interacting with Emma.  He kept calling her a little angle and saying how beautiful she is.  It was quite sweet. 





On Tuesday we went to the Black Canyon Dam.  They have a little beach with a swimming area there.  It was Emma's first time at the beach and this is how it went...


Needless to say, I had NO idea how high maintenance my daughter is.  She HATED the water (which was cold, so I can understand that one), she HATED the sand, and she HATED everything about that reservoir.  She was utterly unhappy from the beginning to the very end.  As soon as her feet hit the sand, she was screaming just like in the water, but then she reached for the sand and tried to rub it all over her face and in her eyes.  Luckily she didn't get it in her eyes, but she was mad.  Then I had to rinse her off so she didn't rub the sand in her eyes, and that made her even more angry.  However, everyone else had fun building a sand castle and burying Cody in the sand.  I would have pictures, but my camera died. It was a lot of fun, minus the Emma being angry part.


On Wednesday, we went to see Dann and Jenny.  We all went out to see the "2016: Obama's America" movie.  I was actually really impressed.  It only used Obama's Autobiography, and it followed it to try to better understand his position.  He used highly qualified, reputable people some professional, some intimately related to the president.  His interviews including psychologist, Obama's half-brother, Obama's  father's own friends, and others. I imagine Obama supporters would not like the movie, but it was very logically presented and not done in a hateful way.

After the movie, more family came over to eat dinner at Dann's house.  We ordered take out from Johnny Carinos italian restaurant. It was delicious, and we finished the evening with the Republican National Convention.

Oh, and that day Lincoln and Emma got to play together some more. I don't think Lincoln quite knew what to do with Emma.

















Comments

Popular Posts