Halloween

So Dustin had our outfits prearranged since before we knew if we were having a boy or a girl.  Once we found out we were having a girl, he was a little hesitant about doing Yoda, but that only lasted for, oh, 30 seconds or so.  Needless to say, Emma will probably hate us in 10 years for not dressing her up as a lady bug or something cute and, well, female.  I was so embarrassed going as Star Wars characters.  I mean, I like the movies, but not THAT much.  AND to top it all off, this girl came up to us, and said that our costumes were convention worthy.  I about died. Ha!

I made all of our costumes, and it was my first/second sewing project (first completed, but second started project).  Most of it came from Goodwill, and the rest were sheets...oh and the fleece for the hat I made.  I'm very proud of how they turned out, even if it was nerdy.  

our superstar pose

Yoda taking a snooze

Emma about to attack Daddy for our official church picture

Another family in our ward came dressed as Star Wars, so of course we had to get a picture.  I love the homemade R2D2 costume!
Emma modeling her outfit

After the party we let Emma try a candy corn

Here is a video of her trying it for the first time.



Comments

Popular Posts