Emma and I took a last minute trip to Albuquerque to visit with the fam. It was so great being back in Albuquerque, and I had the added perk of being able to stay with the coolest people in the world on the way. Needless to say, Judy and I stayed up WAY too late talking, but it was so worth it.
 |
| Emma's future husband...we had one with Cameron too, but since he wouldn't stay still, it didn't come out very well. |
 |
| bright eyed for our long road trip |
 |
| I'm HOME!! |
 |
| sunset in my desert paradise |
 |
| Grandpa and Emma in the morning |
 |
| snuggling up close! |
It was so great catching up with old friends and being able to spend a few days with the padres. I am so grateful for them and how much they have given and taught me. I love going to my childhood home and reminiscing about my time there. I'm sure going to miss good ol' ABQ. (I had to bring home a bag of Golden Pride tortillas since I would never be back there...those burritos are SO good). Also, it happened to be over conference weekend, so I got to stay awake in the car listening to the words of our living prophet and other leaders of the church. Talk about a great way to travel. In fact, I was very proud of myself, on the way home it worked so well that I made it fourteen hours before I had to stop and take a cat nap. Driving by myself (baby doesn't count because she can't talk or drive), that is probably a record for me.
You drove 14 hours that day? Crazy girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you were able to come. I was reading through my journal and had forgotten that you had spent the night at our apartment shortly before your mission. We need teleporters to each other's houses if we're never going to live close to each other!