Indianapolis

I didn't get ANY pictures of our time out in Indianapolis (I forgot my camera). Stink! However, I didn't want to forget that we were there, and this is how I am supposedly keeping track of our family history (by supposedly, I mean that I am back dating all of these posts in order to appear like I regularly keep my blog, when really it has been like nine months since I posted anything...ahem)

So, my parents up and left Albuquerque for their new and awesome home in Indianapolis, so naturally we had to go up and see it over the 4th of July weekend.

Emma had a blast because they have a billion stairs in their new house, and she had endless freedom to go up and down to her little hearts content. We were excited about this because most of their staircases are actually only a few steps, so if she came tumbling down there was far less fear of serious damage. After that visit, she was officially a pro with the stairs. Now we don't have to worry so much at Nana's house with their much larger and longer staircase.

On the 4th, after we arrived, we got a few tiny fireworks, some sparklers, and some of those popper things you throw at the ground. We had fun setting them off, and we had a pretty good view of a fireworks show nearby. I love the 4th of July. I look forward to it for weeks beforehand every year. I was sad to miss the full on fireworks show. We have a number of free ones surrounding the 4th, and I try to drag Dustin to as many as I can persuade him to attend (which is usually only one actually, despite my efforts). Arthur and Emma both love the fireworks; well, Arthur is unfazed anyway. What more could you ask for from a dog, right?

We also got to go furniture shopping with my parents, and see the beautiful couch set they ended up buying.

In doing our part to clear out the house, Dustin and I went through all of my old stuff. We got rid of a bunch of it, but there were some treasures in there that had to stay such as my middle school and high school journals. Dustin jumped right into those when we got home, and lets just say, I considered burning those things. How could I have ever been such a silly girl. Oh dear! Emma sorted through all of my stuffed animals, and so we had to bring home some of those. She was very excited to see so many toys strewn everywhere for her to get into.

It was so nice visiting with my family. Even though I still talk to them all the time, it just isn't the same as having them close by. I missed them so much, and it was really hard to leave.

Oh, and in other big news we left Arthur at their house for a couple of months in order for me to get past my morning sickness (Yea! We're having a baby!!! Snap! I can't stand the constant reek of dog in my house. It makes me throw up every time I come out of the bedroom in the morning. Lovely, I know. Sorry!) So, Arthur had to go, but don't worry he'll make his gallant return to Memphis in September...if I ever get that caught up on this blog.


Comments

Popular Posts