Coltrin's First Birthday
I can not believe an entire year has passed. This little kid has changed my life in so many ways. I never knew how hard it could be having two kids. Two times the diapers, two times the sickness, two times the whining. But in the end it has proven to be infinitely more love, infinitely more snuggles and laughs and smiles. He loves us so much, and he shows it already at the age of one in so many different ways.
There are a few things I quickly listed about him in the image above, but I wanted to write out more for this blog post.
-He had a rough first couple of months with thrush and acid reflux. He cried all day long, but once he got the medicine he needed, he has been nothing but smiles. He lights up a room with his smiles. His smiles turn heads. I can't get enough of them.
-He plays coy. He will smile at you and then bury his head in my shoulder and hide.
-He loves to snuggle.
-He eats like a beast. He will eat ANYTHING. He loves his food, but he is definitely a meat and potatoes man already.
-When he was just about to turn four months old, he started stealing my macaroni and cheese when I made it. Then he quickly branched out to stealing whatever he could get. He definitely insisted on the child lead weaning approach.
-He knows he can cry to get his way. He tries to work it hard. He has the most pathetic sad face I have ever seen, and he is persistent. I would definitely say he has gotten away with more than Emma did.
-He LOVES the water. He is not afraid of swimming at all. He throws his own head under, and it completely freaks me out. He loves baths, he loves faucets. Any kind of water, he loves it.
-He is loud when he wants something. He is not subtle at all. He is persistent until he gets what he wants.
-He weighs 17 lbs and in 27 inches, and he is around the 5th percentile
-He has 8 teeth. He got the bottom two at the same time, then the top two at the same time, and then the next two on the bottom and the top all kind of popped out at the same time. He got his first tooth at 4 months, and had all 8 of them by probably nine months. I'm pretty sure he is getting in a molar or two already.
-He can take a few steps (usually 4 to 5) between people, but he isn't comfortable going it alone for more than a couple of feet. He will walk holding onto on to us with only one hand.
-He can say mama, dada, grandpa (a-pa), nana, and Emma
-he crinkles his nose and puckers his lips then he sucks air in and out to show that he is upset
-he growls...all the time. It is the best.
There are a few things I quickly listed about him in the image above, but I wanted to write out more for this blog post.
-He had a rough first couple of months with thrush and acid reflux. He cried all day long, but once he got the medicine he needed, he has been nothing but smiles. He lights up a room with his smiles. His smiles turn heads. I can't get enough of them.
-He plays coy. He will smile at you and then bury his head in my shoulder and hide.
-He loves to snuggle.
-He eats like a beast. He will eat ANYTHING. He loves his food, but he is definitely a meat and potatoes man already.
-When he was just about to turn four months old, he started stealing my macaroni and cheese when I made it. Then he quickly branched out to stealing whatever he could get. He definitely insisted on the child lead weaning approach.
-He knows he can cry to get his way. He tries to work it hard. He has the most pathetic sad face I have ever seen, and he is persistent. I would definitely say he has gotten away with more than Emma did.
-He LOVES the water. He is not afraid of swimming at all. He throws his own head under, and it completely freaks me out. He loves baths, he loves faucets. Any kind of water, he loves it.
-He is loud when he wants something. He is not subtle at all. He is persistent until he gets what he wants.
-He weighs 17 lbs and in 27 inches, and he is around the 5th percentile
-He has 8 teeth. He got the bottom two at the same time, then the top two at the same time, and then the next two on the bottom and the top all kind of popped out at the same time. He got his first tooth at 4 months, and had all 8 of them by probably nine months. I'm pretty sure he is getting in a molar or two already.
-He can take a few steps (usually 4 to 5) between people, but he isn't comfortable going it alone for more than a couple of feet. He will walk holding onto on to us with only one hand.
-He can say mama, dada, grandpa (a-pa), nana, and Emma
-he crinkles his nose and puckers his lips then he sucks air in and out to show that he is upset
-he growls...all the time. It is the best.


Comments
Post a Comment